1. Set small, achievable goals. Maybe it’s working out 3 times a week, walking 10,000 steps a day, or training for a race. Setting small (but achievable!) goals can help you stay committed and progressing in a fitness routine. I love seeking inspiration via Pinterest and setting fitness goals of my own, whether it’s trying a new workout or running a half-marathon.
2. Switch it up! I’ve always preferred fitness classes to running on a treadmill. I spent years growing up in dance and ballet, so I love any chance to incorporate those two activities into my fitness routine. I’m currently trying Classpass, which is a great way to try a variety of classes, like The Dailey Method, Pure Barre and more. It’s always smart to switch up your fitness routine, so you (and your muscles!) don’t get bored.
3. Make a playlist. Music is a huge motivator for me. I find I run a little faster and train a little longer whenever I have a solid playlist of music to listen to. I rely on Spotify to create and share my favorite workout playlists. Do you have a go-to playlist for motivating music? I’d love to hear!
4. Stay hydrated. It’s difficult to be active without staying hydrated! I once read that if you’re working to lose weight, you should drink as many ounces in a day as what you weigh. So if you weigh 130 pounds, you should drink 130 ounces. To keep hydrated throughout the day, I love my bkr water bottle (which comes in a variety of fun colors) and energy tea drinks to feel energized.
5. Eat right. While physical fitness is important, eating right is a big factor in overall health, too. I’m a fairly heathy eater, in general — but do indulge every so often. It’s all a balance, right? Some of my favorite recipes to make at home are: Spinach Pesto Quinoa, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Spring Rolls, and this Green Smoothie.
There you have it! I’m not an expert, but these five things make a difference for feeling the best version of myself. Do you have any fave fitness tips of your own?
Browse my favorite activewear: Shoes (Nike) || Water Bottle (bkr) || Tank (Victoria’s Secret) || Headphones (Nordstrom) || Leggings (Lorna Jane) || Fitbit Bracelet (Tory Burch) || Hand Weights (C9 Target) || Yoga Mat (Magic Carpet)