With the official start of summer less than two weeks away, I can't help but acknowledge June is here... and feel I can't let these summer months slip away! In effort to make the most of the season, I decided to create a little list of things I'd love to do/try/create this summer:
1. Organize a brunch with girlfriends. What's better than a leisurely weekend morning with friends, delicious food, mimosas, and plenty of girl talk? Host a brunch at home or gather at a local spot. Brunch favorites in Chicago include: Summer House, Nellcôte, Little Goat, Fred's and many, many more.
2. Serve a summer cocktail. Get creative and serve a summer cocktail for your next party or occasion. Try one of these cocktail recipes (or a simple rosé is always welcome!).
3. Bike around the city. One of the best ways to get around the city is to bike. I use Chicago's rental bike system, Divvy, and would love to create a map to visit spots that have been on my must-see list in different neighborhoods.
4. Plan a picnic in the park. Pack a turkish towel, a pair of sunnies, and basket filled with snacks and sips for a fun afternoon in the park. In case you missed this post, here's lots of inspiration for getting started.
5. Enjoy a summer sunset. Whether you're at the beach, on a boat, or in your own backyard, take some time to unwind and enjoy a beautiful sunset.
6. Get active. Summer is the perfect time to kick-up your fitness. Whether it's running, tennis, golf, beach volleyball, paddleboarding or trying a new barre or spin class, get out there!
7. Plant a potted garden. If you're lucky enough to have an outdoor space, test your green thumb by planting a potted garden for your balcony or flowers in your yard. (Bonus points for hanging outdoor bulb lights!)
8. Book a weekend getaway. There are so many great escapes only a short drive outside of the city. I'm planning a few weekends with family at home in Wisconsin and just across the Michigan border in New Buffalo.
9. Indulge in summer foods. Let's be honest: It wouldn't be summer without some great eats! I plan to enjoy seasonal summer foods, everything from sweet corn and BBQ to fresh raspberries and lots of ice cream.
10. Attend a concert/festival. One of the best advantages to living in Chicago is the amount and variety of concerts, festivals and events — especially during the summer. I'm marking my calendar for upcoming dates, including music and movies at Millennium Park. Also, if you're visiting the city this summer: check out this guide of top 25 things to do in Chicago.
What's on your fun list this summer? Any special plans in the works? I'd love to hear!
Images via Style Me Pretty